AT&T Mobility Headquarters
Atlanta – Georgia Meeting
Speaker Application Deadline: 05/22/2018
Preferred Meeting Topic:
Personal Development, TEDx, Women’s Issues
Number of Attendees Expected:
Preferred Qualifications of the Speaker:
Our team looks for…
· New ideas that reflect your work, reflect Atlanta but are widely relatable
· You may choose an idea that needs to be defended – not something self-evident, but an interesting argument, perhaps with an antagonist.
· Your idea is one that the TED world hasn’t heard before. (In other words, not a copy of a TED Talk you like!)
· Your idea is likely to change perceptions. (e.g., a scientific discovery that changes how you think about frogs, a philosophical argument that reshapes your notions of friendship.)
It is helpful if you are…
· a local voice that few people have heard before.
· someone who can present their field in a new light.
· someone with a perspective to which the global TED community may not have access.
When you submit your topic outline or talk summary indicate…
· What’s a controversy in your field that a general audience would understand?
· What’s a common misconception you’d love to clear up?
· Why is this idea important, and to whom?
· Who would disagree with you, and why?
· How did you carry out this idea in your own work?
· What’s the big idea behind your new project? How did you sell that idea to funders and collaborators?
· Can you describe the idea in about 6 words?
· What will the audience walk away knowing – that this person exists, or a new idea?
Special Details About This Meeting/Audience:
TEDxCentennialParkWomen is one of more than 800 TEDx groups across the globe. This conference held in conjunction with TEDxWomen to be held in San Francisco. We will also have our own roster of live speakers. It is an immersive one-day experience comprised of the official spoken program and extended networking breaks in between speaker sessions. Attendees are encouraged to converse with conference speakers during breaks, get to know new people and explore new ideas and perspectives throughout the day.
Scope / Reach of the Organization:
Name of Meeting Organizer:
How to Respond to FreeSpeakerBureau Meeting Organizers
If you think you have a PerfectMatch presentation for this audience on this meeting date and time, the next thing to do is to take these two steps:
1) Create a “PerfectPitch”
2) Click the link to send your PerfectPitch to the Meeting Organizer
What Makes Your Pitch a “PerfectPitch?”
If you’re not sure if your pitch to get this speaking gig is a “PerfectPitch,” before you respond to this Meeting Organizer, click here for PerfectPitch Tips to Get Meeting Organizers to Choose YOU! >>